These visas allow you and your family to
- Live and work in Australia
- Enter and leave without the need for further visas
- Access Medicare
- Access education for children without contribution
- Access financial services
- Own property
- Sponsor other eligible family members after two years
- Apply for full citizenship and dual nationality after four years
Simply fill out a FREE online assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options with a specialist consultant in your Occupation Code.
Migrate to Australia as a Librarian
Every occupation on the STSOL is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Australia as a Librarian is 224611. This is also known as the ANZSCO Code for a Librarian.
A Librarian in Australia develops, organises and manages library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Librarian you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate experience and competency with the following tasks:
• developing and implementing library and information policies and services
• examining publications and materials, interviewing publishers’ representatives, and consulting with others to select library materials
• reviewing, evaluating and modifying services in response to user needs
• providing assistance to clients in accessing library resources
• managing library systems for recording and organising library holdings, acquisitions and purchases, reader registrations and loan transactions, and supervising indexing, filing and retrieval activities
• managing inter-library loan systems and information networks
• undertaking information research activities on behalf of clients
• selecting, ordering, classifying and cataloguing library and information resources
• monitoring collection development and culling programs
• supervising and training other library staff
• may plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities
Specialization for a Librarian Emigrating to Australia
• Acquisitions Librarian
• Audio-Visual Librarian
• Children’s Librarian
• Corporate Librarian
• Legal Librarian
• Multicultural Services Librarian
• Parlimentry Librarian
• Reference Librarian
• Special Librarian
• Special Needs Librarian
Skills Assessment for Librarians Australia
Librarians emigrating to Australia will need their Skills checked and verified by vetassess with a Librarian Skills Assessment.
It’s a lengthy process with lots of paperwork, though we are on hand to take care of this for you. Lets Go Global have a 100% success rate with Librarian at Skills Assessment.
The Librarian Skills Assessment Process is a Paper Based Assessment and the requirements for this are onerous and include detailed references, qualifications, transcripts.
Take our Free Visa Assessment to find out the full list of requirements to emigrate to Australia as a Librarian.
Take Our Free Online Visa Assessment for the Full Facts
Librarian Jobs in Australia
There are currently over 19565 Librarian Jobs in Australia. These jobs are all open to foreign applicants with the right skills, experience and qualifications. Many of these Librarian jobs will offer Sponsored Visas on a case by case basis.
Do I need a job to Emigrate to Australia as a Librarian?
Some States and Territories require you to have a job offer as a Librarian as part of their 190 Visa Program though you will be able to migrate to Australia as a Librarian on a 491 visa without a job offer.
PR Points for Librarian Australia
On last months invitation round Librarian were issued with an Invitation to Apply at 65 Points. The minimum criteria for lodging an expression of interest is 65 Points so a Librarian emigrating to Australia needs 65 points to receive the offer of a visa.
Can my Partner Emigrate with me if I move to Australia as a Librarian
Your Spouse or Partner is given full live and work rights on Australia at the same time your visa is granted.
How long does it take to Emigrate to Australia as a Librarian
The Australian immigration process for a Librarian takes 8 to 12 months from start to finish. However, in can take longer in certain circumstances. Be prepared for the process to take yup to two years in exceptional circumstances.
Get started immigrating to Australia as a Librarian
We’d love to hear from you if the above ANZSCO code 224611 for Librarian is your current occupation.
Feel free to take our no obligation FREE Online Assessment as we think you could have a great chance of Emigrating to Australia.
Title: Emigrate to Australia as a Librarian
Author: George McDonald, Head of Australian Migration, Lets Go Global
Migrate to Australia as a Librarian