What Visas Can I Get to Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller you may be eligible for the Skilled Nominated 190, the Skilled Regional 491.
The 190 is a Permanent Residency Visa. It includes an element of State Nomination, so you’ll have a moral obligation to live and work in the nominating State for two years. After these two years you are free to live and work anywhere in Australia.
Often a 190 visa holder will settle in one State and then be offered a job in another State. In these circumstances (and others) the two year rule may be waived.
The 491 is an initial temporary visa class which lasts for four years. After two years you may apply for Permanent Residency. Although for the first two years 491 visa holders must undertake to live in a regional area i.e. outside of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne.
These visas allow you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia
- Enter and leave without the need for further visas
- Access Medicare
- Access education for children without contribution
- Access financial services
- Own property
- Sponsor other eligible family members after two years
- Apply for full citizenship and dual nationality after four years
Simply fill out a FREE online assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options with a specialist consultant in your Occupation Code.
Migrate to Australia as a Jeweller
Every occupation on the STSOL is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller is 399411. This is also known as the ANZSCO Code for a Jeweller.
Makes and repairs jewellery such as rings, brooches, chains and bracelets, crafts objects out of precious metals, or cuts, shapes and polishes rough gemstones to produce fashion or industrial jewels.
If you’re looking to migrate to Australia as a Jeweller you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate experience and competency with the following tasks:
• examining designs and specifications for jewellery and precious metal objects
• shaping moulded metal by cutting, filing, beating, turning and bending, using specialised hand and power tools
• assembling articles by soldering, screwing, riveting and otherwise joining
• securing precious stones in retaining prongs and ridges, and smoothing and checking final settings
• engraving designs on ring settings, brooches, bracelets and other articles
• repairing jewellery by soldering, replacing and rebuilding worn and broken parts
• appraising the quality and value of jewellery
• cutting and dividing stones to approximate final shape, using precision hand and power tools and jigs
• securing stones and shapes, cutting angles, smoothing and polishing
• finishing articles using files, emery paper and buffing machines
• restyling old jewellery
Specialisations for a Jeweller emigrating to Australia
• Diamond Cutter
• Gem Setter
• Opal Polisher
• Ring Maker
Skills Assessment for Jewellers Australia
Jewellers emigrating to Australia will need their Skills checked and verified by vetassess with a Jeweller Skills Assessment.
It’s a lengthy process with lots of paperwork, though we are on hand to take care of this for you. Lets Go Global have a 100% success rate with Jeweller at Skills Assessment.
The Jeweller Skills Assessment Process is a Paper Based Assessment and the requirements for this are onerous and include detailed references, qualifications, transcripts.
Take our Free Visa Assessment to find out the full list of requirements to emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller.
Take Our Free Online Visa Assessment for the Full Facts
Jeweller Jobs in Australia
There are currently over 877 Jeweller Jobs in Australia. These jobs are all open to foreign applicants with the right skills, experience and qualifications. Many of these Jeweller jobs will offer Sponsored Visas on a case by case basis.
Do I need a job to Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller?
Some States and Territories require you to have a job offer as a Jeweller as part of their 190 Visa Program though you will be able to migrate to Australia as a Jeweller on a 491 visa without a job offer.
PR Points for Jeweller Australia
On last months invitation round Jeweller were issued with an Invitation to Apply at 65 Points. The minimum criteria for lodging an expression of interest is 65 Points so a Jeweller emigrating to Australia needs 65 points to receive the offer of a visa.
Can my Partner Emigrate with me if I move to Australia as a Jeweller
Your Spouse or Partner is given full live and work rights on Australia at the same time your visa is granted.
How long does it take to Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller
The Australian immigration process for a Jeweller takes 8 to 12 months from start to finish. However, in can take longer in certain circumstances. Be prepared for the process to take up to two years in exceptional circumstances.
Get started immigrating to Australia as a Jeweller
We’d love to hear from you if the above ANZSCO code 399411 for Jeweller is your current occupation.
Feel free to take our no obligation FREE Online Assessment as we think you could have a great chance of Emigrating to Australia.
Title: Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller
Author: George McDonald, Head of Australian Migration, Lets Go Global
Migrate to Australia as a Jeweller