How to Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller in 2023
As a Jeweller you are Wanted in Australia. Your skills, experience and qualifications entitle you to Australian Permanent Residency provided you meet the Australian Immigration Criteria. Jewellers are in demand by employers in Australia.
Jeweller Australia is an occupation listed on the STSOL list of occupations in demand. Those with the right skills, qualifications and experience as a Jeweller will be able to apply for either the 190 or the 491 Australian Visa subclasses of the Skilled Migration Program (GSM).
Why Immigrate to Australia as a Jeweller This Year
These are the reasons someone may choose to immigrate to Australia as a jeweller in 2023:
- Job opportunities: Australia has a strong economy and a growing demand for skilled jewellers, providing many job opportunities for those in the field.
- Quality of life: Australia is known for its high standard of living, with excellent healthcare, education, and a diverse and multicultural society.
- Outdoor lifestyle: Australia is home to a wide range of natural landscapes, from beaches to deserts and mountains, making it an attractive place to live for those who enjoy the outdoors.
- Safe and stable environment: Australia is considered a safe and stable country, making it a desirable place to live, work, and raise a family.
- Professional development: Australia offers many professional development opportunities for jewellers, including workshops, exhibitions, and trade shows.
What Visas Can I Get to Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller
The 190 is a Permanent Residency Visa. It includes an element of State Nomination, so you’ll have a moral obligation to live and work in the nominating State for two years. After these two years you are free to live and work anywhere in Australia.
Often a 190 visa holder will settle in one State and then be offered a job in another State. In these circumstances (and others) the two year rule may be waived.
The 491 is an initial temporary visa class which lasts for four years. After two years you may apply for Permanent Residency. Although for the first two years 491 visa holders must undertake to live in a regional area i.e. outside of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne.
These visas allow you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia
- Enter and leave without the need for further visas
- Access Medicare
- Access education for children without contribution
- Access financial services
- Own property
- Sponsor other eligible family members after two years
- Apply for full citizenship and dual nationality after four years
Steps Required to Move to Australia as a Jeweller in 2023
Every occupation on the STSOL is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller in 2023 is 399411. This is also known as the ANZSCO Code for a Jeweller. In Australia, Jewellers will makes and repair jewellery such as rings, brooches, chains and bracelets, crafts objects out of precious metals, or cuts, shapes and polishes rough gemstones to produce fashion or industrial jewels.
If you’re looking to immigrate to Australia as a Jeweller in 2023 you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate experience and competency with the following tasks:
• examining designs and specifications for jewellery and precious metal objects
• shaping molded metal by cutting, filing, beating, turning and bending, using specialised hand and power tools
• assembling articles by soldering, screwing, riveting and otherwise joining
• securing precious stones in retaining prongs and ridges, and smoothing and checking final settings
• engraving designs on ring settings, brooches, bracelets and other articles
• repairing jewellery by soldering, replacing and rebuilding worn and broken parts
• appraising the quality and value of jewellery
• cutting and dividing stones to approximate final shape, using precision hand and power tools and jigs
• securing stones and shapes, cutting angles, smoothing and polishing
• finishing articles using files, emery paper and buffing machines
• restyling old jewellery
Specialisations for a Jeweller emigrating to Australia are:
• Diamond Cutter
• Gem Setter
• Opal Polisher
• Ring Maker
Skills Assessment for Jewellers Australia
Jewellers emigrating to Australia will need their Skills checked and verified by vetassess with a Jeweller Skills Assessment before they can make an Immigration application. The Jeweller Skills Assessment Process is a Paper Based Assessment and the requirements for this include detailed references, qualifications, transcripts.
Jeweller Jobs in Australia in 2023
There are currently over 922 Jeweller Jobs in Australia. These jobs are all open to foreign applicants with the right skills, experience and qualifications. Many of these Jeweller jobs will offer Sponsored Visas on a case by case basis.
Do I need a job to Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller in 2023?
Some States and Territories require you to have a job offer as a Jeweller as part of their 190 Visa Program though you will be able to migrate to Australia as a Jeweller on a 491 visa without a job offer.
Permanent Residency Points for Jewellers Immigrating to Australia
In recent invitation rounds Jewellers were issued with an Invitation to Apply at 70 Points and the minimum criteria for lodging an expression of interest is 65 Points so a Jeweller emigrating to Australia needs 65 points as a minimum to be able to make an application. Take Our Free Visa Assessment for an Idea of Your Points Score
Can my Partner Emigrate with me if I move to Australia as a Jeweller
Your Spouse or Partner is given full live and work rights on Australia at the same time your visa is granted.
Timeframe to Emigrate to Australia as a Jeweller in 2023
The Australian immigration process for a Jeweller takes 8 to 12 months from start to finish. However, in can take longer in certain circumstances. Be prepared for the process to take up to two years in exceptional circumstances.