Emigration to Australia as a Hairdresser
As a Hairdresser you are Wanted Down Under. Your skills, experience and qualifications entitle you to Australian Permanent Residency provided you meet the Australian Immigration Criteria.
How to Emigrate to Australia as a Hairdresser
Hairdressers are in demand by employers in Australia.
We have an expert in the Hairdresser Immigration Code who will work with you to design your bespoke Migration, Recruitment & Resettlement pathway today, with no obligation.
Take Our Free Online Visa Assessment for the Full Facts
Hairdresser Australia is an occupation listed on the STSOL list of occupations in demand. Those with the right skills, qualifications and experience as a Hairdresser will be able to apply for either the 190 or the 491 Australian Visa subclasses of the Skilled Migration Program (GSM).
What Visas Can I Get to Emigrate to Australia as a Hairdresser
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Hairdresser you may be eligible for the Skilled Nominated 190, the Skilled Regional 491.
The 190 is a Permanent Residency Visa. It includes an element of State Nomination, so you’ll have a moral obligation to live and work in the nominating State for two years. After these two years you are free to live and work anywhere in Australia.
Often a 190 visa holder will settle in one State and then be offered a job in another State. In these circumstances (and others) the two year rule may be waived.
The 491 is an initial temporary visa class which lasts for four years. After two years you may apply for Permanent Residency. Although for the first two years 491 visa holders must undertake to live in a regional area i.e. outside of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne.
These visas allow you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia
- Enter and leave without the need for further visas
- Access Medicare
- Access education for children without contribution
- Access financial services
- Own property
- Sponsor other eligible family members after two years
- Apply for full citizenship and dual nationality after four years
Simply fill out a FREE online assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options with a specialist consultant in your Occupation Code.
Migrate to Australia as a Hairdresser
Every occupation on the STSOL is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Australia as a Hairdresser is 391111. This is also known as the ANZSCO Code for a Hairdresser.
A Hairdresser in Australia cuts, styles, colours, straightens and permanently waves hair, and treats hair and scalp conditions.
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Hairdresser you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate experience and competency with the following tasks:
• providing advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
• shampooing hair and conditioning scalps
• colouring, straightening and permanently waving hair with chemical solutions
• cutting hair with scissors, clippers and razors
• styling hair into dreadlocks and braids and adding hair extensions
• shaving and trimming beards and moustaches
• cleaning work areas and sanitising instruments
• arranging appointments and collecting payments
• may clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces