Emigration to Australia as a Graphic Designer
As a Graphic Designer you are Wanted Down Under. Your skills, experience and qualifications entitle you to Australian Permanent Residency provided you meet the Australian Immigration Criteria.
How to Emigrate to Australia as a Graphic Designer
Graphic Designers are in demand by employers in Australia.
We have an expert in the Graphic Designer Immigration Code who will work with you to design your bespoke Migration, Recruitment & Resettlement pathway today, with no obligation.
Take Our Free Online Visa Assessment for the Full Facts
Graphic Designer Australia is an occupation listed on the STSOL list of occupations in demand. Those with the right skills, qualifications and experience as a Graphic Designer will be able to apply for either the 190 or the 491 Australian Visa subclasses of the Skilled Migration Program (GSM).
What Visas Can I Get to Emigrate to Australia as a Graphic Designer
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Graphic Designer you may be eligible for the Skilled Nominated 190, the Skilled Regional 491.
The 190 is a Permanent Residency Visa. It includes an element of State Nomination, so you’ll have a moral obligation to live and work in the nominating State for two years. After these two years you are free to live and work anywhere in Australia.
Often a 190 visa holder will settle in one State and then be offered a job in another State. In these circumstances (and others) the two year rule may be waived.
The 491 is an initial temporary visa class which lasts for four years. After two years you may apply for Permanent Residency. Although for the first two years 491 visa holders must undertake to live in a regional area i.e. outside of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne.
These visas allow you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia
- Enter and leave without the need for further visas
- Access Medicare
- Access education for children without contribution
- Access financial services
- Own property
- Sponsor other eligible family members after two years
- Apply for full citizenship and dual nationality after four years
Simply fill out a FREE online assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options with a specialist consultant in your Occupation Code.
Migrate to Australia as a Graphic Designer
Every occupation on the STSOL is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Australia as a Graphic Designer is 232411. This is also known as the ANZSCO Code for a Graphic Designer.
A Graphic Designer in Australia plans, designs, develops and prepares information for publication and reproduction using text, symbols, pictures, colours and layout to achieve commercial and communication needs with particular emphasis on tailoring the message for the intended audience.
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Graphic Designer you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate experience and competency with the following tasks:
• determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
• undertaking research and analysing functional communication requirements
• formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated
• preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
• negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
• selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display
• detailing and documenting the selected design for production
• supervising or carrying out production in the chosen media
• may archive information for future client use
Specialisations as a Graphic Designer emigrating to Australia
• Exhibition Designer
• Film and Video Graphics Designer
• Publication Designer