How to Emigrate to Australia as a Chef in 2023
Do you have a passion for the creation and presentation of top class culinary delights? With the restaurant scene in Australia really taking off, 2023 is the year to Emigrate to Australia as a Chef.
If your occupation is Chef then you are currently in demand by employers in Australia. Chef is an occupation listed on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and those with the right skills and qualifications as a Chef will be able to apply for any of the visas in the Skilled Migration Program (GSM).
What Visas Can I Get to Emigrate to Australia as a Chef?
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Chef you may be eligible for the Skilled Independent 189, the Skilled Nominated 190, the Skilled Regional 491.
These visas allow you and your family to:
Live and work in Australia
Enter and leave without the need for further visas
Access education for children without contribution
Access financial services
Sponsor other eligible family members after two years
Apply for full citizenship and dual nationality after four years
Every occupation on the MLTSSL and STSOL is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Australia as a Chef is 351311. This is also known as the ANZSCO Code for a Chef.
If you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Chef you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate experience and competency with a Skills Assessment before you can Immigrate to Australia.
Skills Assessment for Chefs Immigrating to Australia in 2023
Chefs emigrating to Australia will need their Skills checked and verified by Trades Recognition Australia with a Skills Assessment.
To Emigrate to Australia as a Chef in 2023 you’ll have the following experience:
- planning menus, estimating food and labor costs, and ordering food supplies
- monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dietitians and kitchen and waiting staff
- demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures
- preparing and cooking food
- explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
- may select and train staff
- may freeze and preserve foods
Specializations for Chefs Emigrating to Australia in 2023
- Chef de Partie Migrating to Australia
- Commis Chef Emigrating to Australia
- Demi Chef Moving to Australia
- Second Chef Migration to Australia
- Sous Chef Immigrating to Australia