How to Emigrate to Australia as a Cabinetmaker 2023
Cabinetmaker is an occupation listed on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). Those with the right skills and qualifications as a Cabinetmaker will be able to apply for any of the visas in the Skilled Migration Program (GSM). Every occupation on the MLTSSL and STSOL is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Australia as a Cabinetmaker is 342411. This is also known as the ANZSCO Code for a Cabinetmaker.
Providing you score 65 Immigration Points and have a Positive Skills Assessment you can emigrate to Australia as a Cabinetmaker in 2023. Australian Immigration is not biased towards any region so you can apply to Emigrate to Australia as a Cabinetmaker from anywhere in the World.
Australia Immigration Points Score for Cabinetmakers Immigrating to Australia
Australia is issuing Invitations to Apply to Cabinetmaker applicants who have scored 65 points or above points. Therefore 65 points are the minimum eligibility criteria but to receive an invitation currently you’ll need to be scoring 65 points.
What Australia Visas Can I Get as a Cabinetmaker?
These visas allow you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia
- Enter and leave without the need for further visas
- Medicare Cover
- Education for children without contribution
- Access financial services
- Own property
- Sponsor other eligible family members after two years
- Apply for full citizenship and dual nationality after four years
Skills Assessment for Cabinetmakers Immigrating to Australia in 2023
As you’re looking to emigrate to Australia as a Cabinetmaker you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate practical Cabinetmaking experience and extensive paperwork. Cabinetmakers emigrating to Australia will need their Skills checked and verified by Vetassess with an Cabinetmaker Skills Assessment.
The Vetassess Skills Assessment Process is a Paper Based Assessment, followed by a Technical Interview and potentially a Practical Assessment. The requirements for this are onerous and include lengthy paperwork, including detailed qualifications, transcripts, and references.
Successful completion at skills assessment is demanded by Australian Immigration as part of the Australia Visa process for ANZSCO code 342111.
To Emigrate to Australia as an Cabinetmaker you’ll have experience in these core competencies
A cabinetmaker in Australia fabricates or repairs wooden furniture, and fits and assembles prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
You will be expected to show competency in the following Cabinetmaker tasks
• examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
• selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
• marking out, cutting and shaping wood
• working from drawings and specifications to make furniture
• making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
• assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
• fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
• making frames for chairs and couches
• may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
As a cabinetmaker emigrating to Australia you may have the following job titles or specializations
• Antique Furniture Reproducer
• Antique Furniture Restorer
• Coffin Maker
• Chair and Couch Maker